[Debian-science-sagemath] libgap 4.8.4

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Oct 12 12:44:58 UTC 2016

On 10/12/2016 01:26 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> On 12/10/16 09:18, Tobias Hansen wrote:

>>> Actually I did prefer the original tarball: the package was reject for
>>> copyright reasons: the issue is that the source files are modified but
>>> not their copyright header. It is why I play with the git material
>>> which contains only non-modified material.
>>>

>>>  If you want to do it as before,
>>>
>>> For copyright reason, yes.

>>> Yes I could, but I wanted to build my very first package on a stable commit.
>>> Do you know the `right' commit for gap 4.8.4 ?
>>>
>>> If so, I will upgrade the package and upload it in Sid (as DM).
>>>

>> What do you mean by stable commit?
>
> It is not clear to me whether or not the last commit corresponds to
> a stable version of the library, after all it was not released
> while the current stable version of GAP is 4.8.5 (and not 4.8.3).

You could also leave the orig source as it is, and apply my commit
c43e89d489bbdb0e as an additional patch. It is however important to set
SyKernelVersion = 4.8.4.

Some of the new failed tests are just the same output with another
formatting. The timeouts are a bit more worrisome. We have to go through
this though, uploading gap 4.8.3 isn't really an option.