[Debian-science-sagemath] Build-Depends on source itself [libgap-sage]

Bill Allombert ballombe at debian.org
Wed Nov 2 09:51:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 03:22:41AM +0000, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> >
> >> for one of my package, libgap-sage [1], the source material used for build
> >> is in fact seded meterial from an other package, gap: grossely the sed process
> >> is the main part of libgap package: is there a standard way to use the Debian
> >> source package of gap inside my own package libgap-sage ?
> >> Any hint or example is welcome.

Hello Jérome,
I was requested by Felix Salfelder to build gap-dev object files with
-fPIC for this purpose.
Instead of using sed, Sage should use a linker script, this would be
much cleaner.

gap (4r6p5-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * debian/rules:
   - build gap-dev object files with -fPIC to be compatible with use in
     shared libraries.

 -- Bill Allombert <ballombe at debian.org>  Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:00:06 +0200

Cheers,
--