[Debian-science-sagemath] 7.4 with the latest shiny new packages: 4000 failed tests

Tobias Hansen thansen at posteo.de
Thu Nov 3 11:10:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

Jeroen, it would be nice if you could comment on this. We get these
~4000 failing tests most likely because we are building sage 7.4 with
pari 2.9. You already started updating pari in sage to 2.8.1. Do you
plan to update to pari 2.9 as well?

I already tried applying your patches from sage trac #21765 and #21703
which did not help. Do the failures in the test log from Ximins mail
below look like it's caused by pari 2.9?