[Debian-science-sagemath] Required tasks for sage in stretch

Gordon Ball gordon at chronitis.net
Sat Nov 12 11:22:48 UTC 2016

The notebook server needs to be started somehow, but a desktop file
which runs it in the background or opens a terminal would be a possibility.

Another option would be to have a (disabled by default) systemd --user
unit which would always run the notebook server in the background, which
should do almost nothing except listen on a socket until the user
actually opens a browser and views a notebook. (This would probably not
be great for a laptop on battery, but for a desktop used for analysis
work it would be reasonable option).

I assume we have a bit of time before it gets through NEW, though.

Gordon