[Debian-science-sagemath] <DKIM> Re: widgetsnbextension situation

Julien Puydt julien.puydt at laposte.net
Tue Nov 15 06:07:43 UTC 2016

On 15/11/2016 02:51, Ximin Luo wrote:

> Perhaps we can use this information to regenerate extension.js without using webpack itself. Julien, have you seen anything approximating this approach before?

Yes.

I would try using the compile-modules command from my package
node-es6-module-transpiler -- and that might not even be necessary.

As I already mentioned (did I really?), webpack is mostly used to put
together various chunks of javascript code and "compress" them so
they're smaller for web use -- so there's a chance we can get away by
not compressing anything and just installing the files as-is. That would
mean just writing a debian/install file putting the un-modified source
files at a right place so they find each other at runtime!

I suggest to shoot for this simple solution first, and try to use
compile-modules if that fails.

Cheers,

Snark