[Debian-science-sagemath] building sage: java zombies

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Nov 17 12:13:00 UTC 2016

Jerome BENOIT:
> Hi Again,
>
> On 16/11/16 23:19, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>> Hello,
>
>> my building of sage in amd64 schroot environment leads to java zombies.
>
>> My current aim is to fix the bugs related to libgap:
>> can we build and then launch the tests that only involvs libgap ?
>

> I could grab the information from d/rules

Hi Jerome, I would guess it's impractical to only build things related to libgap, but you can certainly build everything then run only the libgap-related tests - see debian/README.Debian for more details.

Also ccache will speed things up for you quite a bit (except for the first time), install ccache then run "DEB_BUILD_PROFILES=pkg.sagemath.ccache debian/rules build"

You could also try symlinking debian/build to /run/shm/sage/build if you have enough RAM. I think I set up the build rules correctly to not destroy this symlink during cleaning.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git