[Debian-science-sagemath] SageMath and its dependencies in NEW

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Mon Dec 5 13:38:58 UTC 2016

Dear FTP masters,

I wanted to share with you the dependency graph of the SageMath related
packages that are currently in NEW. Of the following packages, only
sagemath itself is not in NEW yet. We will upload it in the next days.

sagemath, depends on:
 - maxima-sage
 - sagenb
 - sagenb-export
 - jupyter-notebook, depends on:
    - ipywidgets, depends on:
       - d3-format
       - jupyter-sphinx-theme, depends on:
          - nbsphinx

I would like to ask you to process these packages quickly, so that we
have a chance for everything to migrate to testing before the soft
freeze. I know that is our own responsibility to upload packages in time
to pass NEW and migrate to testing before the soft freeze. However due
to the magnitude of this project, uploading sagemath this week is the
best we were able to do. We worked very hard during the last months with
a core team of four people and many further helpers to bring SageMath to
Stretch. For this we had to work on a lot of packages. (SageMath uses
all the packages listed as "standard" on
https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-status.html)

Many thanks!