[Debian-science-sagemath] GAP: issue related to compressed manual.six: PATCHES

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Tue Dec 6 13:26:00 UTC 2016

Bill Allombert:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 01:01:00PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> Bill Allombert:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sorry I only just briefly scanned through the thread now. However I
>> found this post relating to gzip, pipes and python:
>>
>> https://blog.nelhage.com/2010/02/a-very-subtle-bug/
>>
>> which summarises the bug report here: https://bugs.python.org/issue1652
>
> Yes, this is exactly the problem, and it seems it has been fixed in python 3,
> but not in python 2.7.

Ok, good to know! The blog post also contains a work-around near the end, which is to add

  preexec_fn=lambda: signal.signal(signal.SIGPIPE, signal.SIG_DFL)

as a parameter to the relevant Popen call. Presumably in this case it's wherever Sage calls GAP. Jerome, could you test?

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git