[Debian-science-sagemath] sagemath uploaded to devel apt repo

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Dec 8 23:47:00 UTC 2016

Tobias Hansen:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded a first sagemath package to deb-sci-sage. If you have
> time it would be nice if you gave it a try, test using it, also
> especially sagenb, jupyter-notebook, ipywidgets etc. It's also possible
> to run the tests (see README.Debian). When testing from the installed
> sage packages there are currently more tests failing compared to during
> package build. We could also need help improving this.
>
> The package is already slightly outdated and jmol does not work yet (but
> should in git). I'll upload a new one as soon as I have it.

45 failing tests for 7.4-0sage4:

https://people.debian.org/~infinity0/res/sagemath-7.4-0sage4.ptestlong.log

Everything is the highest version from sid-sage, experimental, or sid, except:

$ aptitude search --disable-columns -F '%p %v' '~S ~i ~epython2.7'
libpython2.7 2.7.12-7
libpython2.7-dev 2.7.12-7
libpython2.7-minimal 2.7.12-7
libpython2.7-stdlib 2.7.12-7
python2.7 2.7.12-7
python2.7-dev 2.7.12-7
python2.7-minimal 2.7.12-7

$ aptitude search --disable-columns -F '%p %v' '~S ~i gap'
gap 4r8p6-1
gap-core 4r8p6-1
gap-gapdoc 1.5.1-3
gap-libs 4r8p6-1
gap-online-help 4r8p6-1
libgap-sage-4 4.8.6+3+20160327g69a66f0+dsx-1
libgap-sage-dev 4.8.6+3+20160327g69a66f0+dsx-1

Jerome, I haven't been able to reproduce your GAP failures. I will try it again with your detailed instructions, though.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git