[Debian-science-sagemath] Fwd: sagemath_7.4-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Thu Dec 15 22:11:00 UTC 2016

Jerome BENOIT:
> Hello,
>
> On 15/12/16 12:07, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> Thank you! Yes, hopefully it will be processed in time for stable. :)
>
>> The package that I uploaded was built from a side branch _volatile_rc. I did this, in case the upload gets rejected.
>
>> In the meantime we can make extra commits on top of the master branch, then when the version below is accepted, we can merge _volatile_rc back into master and then bump the changelog.
>
>> For an upload that is suitable for unstable, we still need to fix a few things. I added these to debian/TODO, but in summary:
>
>> - tachyon #848131
>
> I am on it.

Great!

>> - python #847791 (I hear that this should be very soon; upstream has already fixed it)
>> - work around the sympow+sbuild issue
>
> I will be on it. Can we reproduce it in schroot environment ?

No need for a schroot, just do this:

$ HOME=/sbuild-nonexistent sympow
sympow 1.023 RELEASE (Debian 1.023-7)  (c) Mark Watkins --- see README and COPYING for details
**ERROR** failed to create local cache folder /sbuild-nonexistent/.sympow
255

Ideally, we would ask upstream to support a SYMPOW_CACHE_DIR environment variable or a --cache-dir command line flag. Then we can patch sage to pass "$DOT_SAGE/sympow" as the value of this (and forward this upstream to Sage).

I notice from d/changelog that upstream last released a version in 2014, and that you got this from him via email. Do you think you could ask him to make this suggested change for us?

For the time being (to make our deadlines) I suggest we can just patch src/sage/lfunctions/sympow.py like this:

-        cmd = 'sympow %s'%args
+        cmd = 'env HOME=%s sympow %s' % (os.path.join(DOT_SAGE, "sympow"), args)

I'll try to test this, this weekend.

>> - maybe work around upstream #21732
>
> QUID GAP patch ?

I'll also find some time this weekend to test your 4r8p6-1+sage23 and report back. (Or, other people feel free to do this too.)

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git