[Debian-science-sagemath] SAGE_SHARE location

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Mon Dec 19 16:33:20 UTC 2016

Hi list,

at the moment we have two folders under /usr/share with sage files,
namely /usr/share/sagemath with all the data files from the
sagemath-database-* packages and /usr/share/sage from sage itself.

Because of this we need the patch d0-paths-sharedata.patch.
We can get rid of the patch if we put everything in the same folder and
set $SAGE_SHARE accordingly, the question is which one is better?

Arch and Gentoo use /usr/share/sage while Fedora uses
/usr/share/sagemath... I think it would be easier for us to use
/usr/share/sagemath because then we just need to change the sagemath
package and not all the database packages.

Thoughts? Otherwise I'd implement this change in the evening.