[Debian-science-sagemath] SAGE_SHARE location

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Mon Dec 19 22:26:48 UTC 2016

On 12/19/2016 10:18 PM, François Bissey wrote:

>> On 20/12/2016, at 11:11, Tobias Hansen <thansen at debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> While that's true for the installed package, it's of course not during
>> the build, where SAGE_SHARE=$SAGE_LOCAL/share. So we can't get rid of
>> that patch so easily. I'll just leave everything as it is.
>
> I am not sure what your patch involves, but all those variables can
> be over-ridden by the environment. So while it has a default value
> at runtime you can set an arbitrary value during build and testing.
>
> François

Yes, we do that. It's just that we want everything to work right after
the package build (without installation) to run the tests and of course
also after installation. So we have to make everything work in two ways
when we change something.

The database files are always in /usr/share/sagemath because they are
packaged separately, but SAGE_SHARE only points there when sage is
installed and not during the build process.