[Debian-science-sagemath] sagemath testing migration

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Fri Dec 23 22:21:00 UTC 2016

Ximin Luo:
>> Tobias Hansen:
>>> - fixes the piuparts checks, if necessary
>>
>> All good on that front, at least:
>>
>> https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/source/s/sagemath.html
>>

> 7.4-4 is now installed in unstable, i386 and amd64:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=sagemath
>
> I looked into the brial segfault a bit more, got a minimal test-case here without Sage:
>
> $ python
> [.. shit explodes ..]

Hm, the above example only works in the presence of sage (e.g. after using `. <(debian/rules export-build-env)`, it doesn't work for a plain brial:i386 install. If I run it without Sage, I get:

$ python -c 'from brial import groebner_basis'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/brial/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
    from .PyPolyBoRi import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/brial/PyPolyBoRi.py", line 125, in <module>
    from .dynamic.PyPolyBoRi import *
ImportError: No module named dynamic.PyPolyBoRi

This thread from upstream https://sourceforge.net/p/polybori/mailman/message/31089269/ says:
"this means, that PolyBoRi's python binding were not actually build."

Presumably, this means the non-Sage bindings.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git