[Debian-science-sagemath] 324 failing post-install tests

François Bissey frp.bissey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:56:51 UTC 2017

I’d like to mention that I don’t test the content of sage_setup.
I don’t install it either, sage_setup should only contain
build stuff and no runtime stuff. And I enforce it in sage-on-gentoo.
If something from there is needed at runtime, I move it somewhere else.
I have been vocal on trac about that separation and had outburst
on sage-devel about this.
In fact I move stuff from “sage” that is install only to sage_setup
so it is not installed and tested. A lot of the stuff tested in there
can break on a distro and you definitely don’t want to run it at runtime.

François