[Debian-science-sagemath] Sage 7.6

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Sun Apr 9 14:53:00 UTC 2017

Gordon Ball:
> [..]
>  * ipywidgets 5.2.2 -> 6.0.0
>      + add phosphor 0.7.0
>      + new internal JS package jupyter-widgets-schema
>      + new internal JS package jupyterlab-widgets
>      + upgrade jquery -> 3.1.1 (already in debian)
>      + upgrade jquery-ui -> 1.12.1 (already in debian)
>      + add font-awesome 4.5.0 (already in debian)
>      + drop bootstrap
>      + add ajv 4.9.0
>      + add jupyterlab-services
>      + add @types-backbone 1.3.33
>      + add @types-semver 5.3.30
>
> Further dependencies:
>
>  * xterm.js -> @types/node, typescript 2.2.0, browserify
>  * preact -> babel, webpack, rollup, typescript 2.2.2
>  * preact-compat -> babel, webpack, rollup, typescript, preact
>  * proptypes -> babel
>  * phosphor ->
>  * ajv -> co, json-stable-stringify, browserify
>  * co -> browserify
>  * json-stable-stringify -> jsonify (in debian)
>
> Notebook buildsystem remains the same.
>
> The ipywidgets buildsystem is still webpack based, but has gained a
> bunch of typescript dependencies as well, which will probably make
> emulating it even more complicated. [..]

It looks like the ipywidgets documentation depends on yet another package:
https://github.com/jupyter-widgets/jupyter-sphinx

It embeds some remote javascript:
https://github.com/jupyter-widgets/jupyter-sphinx/blob/master/jupyter_sphinx/embed_widgets.py#L227

So if we package this for Debian we would have to fix this for them:
https://github.com/jupyter-widgets/jupyter-sphinx/issues/4

For the time being, I'll omit the documentation temporarily.

To actually build ipywidgets the upstream way I have to do this:
https://coderwall.com/p/6aumug/howto-npm-global-install-without-root-privileges

then run `npm install npm` because Debian's npm is too old. Also I have to patch package.json, see our git for more details.

Then the build works and I get extension.js{,.map}.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git