[Debian-science-sagemath] Sagemath Build-Depends backported - unfortunately build error (Was: Help needed to backport ipywidgets ... (Was: Backporting sagemath))

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Wed Apr 12 07:46:26 UTC 2017

On 04/12/2017 07:47 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> cd sage && python ../debian/pruner/pruner.py || false
> libfplll will not come from debian!
> 159 system packages will be used

So at least fplll is the only thing that is not found.

>> The check for fplll is in debian/pruner/configure.ac:
>>
>> AC_LANG_PUSH([C++])
>> AC_CHECK_HEADER(fplll/fplll.h, HAS_FPLLL="True", HAS_FPLLL="False")
>> AC_LANG_POP([C++])

This check does not find the header for some reason:

checking fplll/fplll.h usability... no
checking fplll/fplll.h presence... no
checking for fplll/fplll.h... no

However the file exists in the backported libfplll-dev package. Not sure
yet what's the problem.

>> That sage tries to build its own packages can also happen if you are
>> building without the Debian patches applied for some reason.
>
> I have no idea why the patches should not be applied when using
> pbuilder.

Forget about that. It could only happen if you build in a more manual
way (for example when following the wiki page and forgetting a step).