[Debian-science-sagemath] Sagemath Build-Depends backported - unfortunately build error (Was: Help needed to backport ipywidgets ... (Was: Backporting sagemath))

Ximin Luo infinity0 at debian.org
Mon Apr 17 22:01:00 UTC 2017

Ximin Luo:
> Andreas Tille:
>> [..]
>>
>>    https://people.debian.org/~tille/tmp/sagemath/sagemath_7.4-9~bpo8+1_amd64.build.gz
>>

> Now we get to the tests, there are a lot here and we may not have time to help you with all of them in detail. I can see the following are quite significant:
>
> - sympy errors, you probably have to backport python-sympy.
>
> - FutureWarning from matplotlib, you probably have to backport python-matplotlib
>
> - SignalError: Segmentation fault when calculating groebner_basis(), Tobias dealt with this back in January and he might have some more comments to add. I see you already backported python-brial but perhaps you also need to revert some stuff we added for GCC-6 support.
>
> If you run the build with sbuild using one of the release-* targets in debian/rules, it will give you a shell after a failed build, and then you can run something like `make -f debian/tests.mk LOGFILE=sage/logs/ptestlong.log failed-tests-by-error` to analyse the output to figure out which issues are "more significant" to fix first.
>
> You can also run this on the file that you just uploaded, although the output contains some junk because the input contains extra stuff it's not expecting. It's still useful though; if I run:
>
> $ make -f debian/tests.mk LOGFILE=../sagemath_7.4-9~bpo8+1_amd64.build failed-tests-by-error
>
> I can also see:
>
>      33     IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/sagemath/graphs/smallgraphs.txt'
>      41     IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/share/sagemath/graphs/brouwer_srg_database.json'
>
> So you probably need to backport these as well:
>
> $ dpkg -S /usr/share/sagemath/graphs/smallgraphs.txt
> sagemath-database-graphs: /usr/share/sagemath/graphs/smallgraphs.txt
> $ dpkg -S /usr/share/sagemath/graphs/brouwer_srg_database.json
> sagemath-database-graphs: /usr/share/sagemath/graphs/brouwer_srg_database.json

You may also find it useful to patch this:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/sage-status-page.git/

so that it contains versions in jessie/jessie-backports. Then Tobias could probably add that to his cron-job, to mirror our existing status pages:

https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-7.4-status.html
https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-status.html
https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-sage-dev-status.html

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35