[Debian-science-sagemath] Sagemath Build-Depends backported - unfortunately build error (Was: Help needed to backport ipywidgets ... (Was: Backporting sagemath))

Tobias Hansen thansen at debian.org
Tue Apr 18 02:04:25 UTC 2017

On 04/18/2017 02:35 AM, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Here is a status page for you:
> https://people.debian.org/~thansen/debian-jessie-sage-7.4-status.html
>
> It will be updated every night. For this one experimental, NEW and devel
> are ignored, even though the legends are still there.
>
> Every package where you are behind could lead to failing tests,
> especially the math packages.

That being said, such math packages (which you should definitely
backport) are these:

sagemath-database-elliptic-curves
sagemath-database-graphs
m4rie
matplotlib
scipy
sympy

Sorry that this is not all in versioned Build-Depends, but we can't
always know when a higher version is strictly required. And more
importantly, we didn't think someone is crazy enough to backport this. :D