[debian-seattle-social] Debian Seattle BSP interest? (was: Hi folks!)

koanhead koanhead at riseup.net
Mon Nov 12 23:39:44 GMT 2018

On 11/11/18 10:59 AM, Lee Fisher wrote:
>> Hopefully I didn't miss anything too crucial ;^)
>
> I tried to get interest in a Seattle-area Debian Bug Squashing Party
> (BSP). I can host at BlackLodgeResearch.org hackerspace. As well, Jose
> Miguel Parrella Romero  also offered to host at Microsoft.
>
> I'd guess with Microsoft as host would probably have better event space
> and catering, and require paperwork to visit campus and park; at Black
> Lodge we have also beer and hard cider in our beverage selection. :-) I
> might be able to get hosting at UW if nobody willing to visit Eastside. :-)
>
> However, nobody else expressed any interest. AFAICT, for a successful
> BSP, we'd also need a few Debian members attending who can help triage
> and help newcomer-attendees become useful.
>
> I'd still like to get an annual Debian Seattle BSP happening. Anyone
> have the ability to help out?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

I'm not in Seattle area full time, but I feel like I know the BTS and
related things well enough to get newbies up and running, and to help
with triage.

I probably will not be in the area again until at least December, as my
travel schedule depends on ability to finance a wine-sales trip, at
least until all Xenolith's wine is sold. If it would be helpful I can
make myself available over IRC or similar.

I'd very much like to see a Seattle BSP happen, ideally first-hand.