[Debian-sponsors-discuss] What are we doing and what more can we do to reward companies and individuals that are supporting Debian?

Dr. Michael Meskes michael.meskes at credativ.com
Mon Jun 3 09:01:44 UTC 2013

> It has 2 major blockers that need to be addressed:
>
> 1) the "2 DDs" criterion is a bit to stringent. IMHO it should be toned
>
>    down do "1 DD and at least X employers/workers" with X, e.g. 10.
>    That is to keep it separate from individual professionals (like the
>    debian-consultants initiative) which I think have both different
>    needs and can give back to Debian in different ways

Fine with me, The only reason for "2 DD" was to make sure we only get
companies to the group, so "1 DD and at least X employers/workers" might
even be better.

> 2) the group needs an active coordinator, and that is a potentially
>    demanding job, at least in the beginning (say 1-2 years)

I'm willing to give it a try. But we have to figure out what needs to
done first. BTW who's subscribed to debian-companies? We should probably
move this discussion there.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Geschäftsführer/President
Tel.: +49 (0)2161 / 46 43 0
E-Mail: michael.meskes at credativ.com
IM: mme at jabber.credativ.com

credativ GmbH, HRB Moenchengladbach 12080,
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Moenchengladbach, Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Joerg Folz