[xml/sgml-pkgs] Too many xerces versions in sarge: can we get rid of some?

Jay Berkenbilt qjb@debian.org
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:07:05 -0500

You can remove xerces24 from sarge any time.  This will also save us
from having to deal with the fact that it's still on not-for-us for
powerpc, mips, and mipsel.

Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org> wrote:

> I've filed bugs against xalan, anon-proxy, gdal, and qgis with
> priority important.  (Since it's only four packages, I didn't go
> through the usual "mass filing" procedure...)  I've also asked Jaldhar
> about xerces24.  Should we wait for responses on these before filing
> the removals?  If you'd like to go ahead and request removal, it's
> fine with me, or if you'd like me to do it, that's okay too.

Jaldhar already replied indicating that he no longer needs xerces24
since the library in question now uses xerces26.  I have requested its
removal.  Berin reports that Xalan 1.8 doesn't officially support
Xerces 2.6 but that he could probably make it work anyway or package
Xalan 1.9.  Here are the relevant bugs:

301706: upgrade of xalan
301708: upgrade of anon-proxy
301709: upgrade of qgis
301710: upgrade of gdal
301715: RC bug to keep xerces24 from re-entering sarge
301716: removal of xerces24

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>