[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: [xml/sgml] db2latex-xsl and alternatives for DocBook XML to PDF

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Sat Oct 22 17:23:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 12:43:44AM -0400, Mark Johnson wrote:
> >Shall we (Debian) take over db2latex-xsl?
>
> Only if we can harness someone to continue to develop the package, plus
> maintain it. But I really dunno - no experience testing this tool.

We have to do some maintenance anyway (e.g. fix an FTBFS).

> >Shall we try to gcj-compile fop?
>
> Absolutely! Doing so would be doing the free software community a great
> service.

I am not a Java hacker, so I can only wait for other people
doing the work :-(

> I've heard good things about xmlroff - though it's also still under
> development. IMO, some test processing needs to be done...

xmlroff seems to depend on a non-free (even expensive?) library:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-wnpp/2003/02/msg00571.html

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/