[xml/sgml-pkgs] Re: docbook-css_0.4-1_i386.changes REJECTED

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Wed Sep 7 06:56:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 03:06:11PM -0700, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> I decided to reject this package for now.
> The reason is its immense size. :) Can you please coordinate with
> the docbook maintainer and incorporate that there, would fit best.

I assume, that you refer to the package "docbook-xml", as
"docbook" is the old SGML stuff.

> Even if its seperate upstream a inclusion in the debian package of
> docbook is better.
>
> If you disagree with this you are free to reply and outline reasons to
> not do it this way.

For a user of docbook-css, the installation of the docbook-xml
DTDs is not necessary.  docbook-css is useful for people who
like to look at their DocBook files with a web browser.  No need
to install docbook-xml (+ sgml-base + sgml-data + xml-core,
which docbook-xml depends on).  It's 120 vs. ~4000 k.

If it's only about size, I could include some gigs of example
files :-)

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/