[xml/sgml-pkgs] EXSLT stylesheets in Debian

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 21:58:29 UTC 2006

I'm working on pilot-qof in Debian and I'm looking at providing sample XSL
stylesheets that use EXSLT stylesheets externally (rather than doing the
conversion via libxml2) using xsltproc.

http://pilot-qof.sourceforge.net/
http://packages.debian.org/testing/utils/pilot-qof

libxml2 already supports functions from exslt via libxslt1.1 which includes
usr/lib/libexslt.so.0.

I'm looking at packaging xsltsl stylesheets too:
http://xsltsl.sourceforge.net
(which is LGPL) and the two projects are complementary.

Is it OK to put the exslt stylesheets in a separate package?
Is there a reason they aren't included in libxslt?

--

Neil Williams