[xml/sgml-pkgs] RFS: docbook-defguide -- DocBook: The Definitive Guide - HTML version

Ardo van Rangelrooij ardo at ardolabs.com
Tue Dec 18 03:51:02 UTC 2007

Hello Daniel,

I just started a build on a AMD X2 4600+ with 6GB, using the latest and
greatest in sid.  Let's see how far this is in the morning...

Thanks,
Ardo

Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to ask for a sponsor for my docbook-defguide package. The
> reason why I ask on this list: I need a sponsor with a big box - fast
> enough and with at least 1GB RAM (more is better). On my system the
> package needs 16 hours to build and the maximum heap size for Java is
> set to 1GB (otherwise GIJ fails with OutofMemory). You can read more
> about it at [1]. So my sponsor and me would like to ask, if someone else
> could sponsor this (lintian-clean) package.
>
> NOTE: The .orig.tar.gz is prepared via the get-orig-source target in
> debian/rules.
>
> Don't hesitate to ask, if you have questions.
>
> x-posted to related lists
> Regards, Daniel
>
> [1] http://www.wgdd.de/?p=31
>
> Here an RFS-template like package description:

> * Package name    : docbook-defguide
>   Version         : 2.0.17+svn7549-1
>   Upstream Author : Norman Walsh and others
> * URL             : http://docbook.org/tdg/
> * License         : GFDL 1.1 (no invariant sections, ...)
>   Description     : DocBook: The Definitive Guide - HTML version
> * Bugs closed     : 135296 173710 208031 248364 257715 280485 280740 295579
>
> The official reference manual for the DocBook 4.x SGML and XML DTD,
> by Norman Walsh, Leonard Muellner, and Bob Stayton.  This version is
> an evolution of the book of the same name published by O'Reilly
> (which documented DocBook 3.1).
> .
> This is a work in progress, which attempts to fully document DocBook
> 4.5, but may be inconsistent in some places.

Ardo van Rangelrooij                                     Debian XML/SGML Group
<ardo at debian.org>              <debian-xml-sgml-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~ardo/      http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/