[xml/sgml-pkgs] Expat 2.0.1 packaging

Bryan Donlan bdonlan at fushizen.net
Sat Jun 23 06:04:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 10:58:19PM -0600, ardo at ardolabs.com wrote:
> >> We also need to run this by the release team, as they like to know which
> >> libraries are upgrading.  And since this is a very special case, we need
> >> to make sure that what we're going to do works.
> >
> > Do you first want to test a possible solution or should we bring this up
> > on debian-release/devel soon?
>
> Let's wait until Bryan has the results of his inquiry so we now how bad
> the damage is.

It looks like there's no binary package in sid/main on i386 which has NEEDED
libexpat.so.0 in its dynamic section. I haven't checked other
architectures. OTOH, there's only 87 packages which build-depend
directly on libexpat-dev or libexpat1-dev, rather than the several
thousand I thought before (I was using apt-rdepend incorrectly).