[xml/sgml-pkgs] debian-edu-doc FTBFS but only in sid not in etch

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Feb 7 12:05:22 UTC 2008

tags 458879 +help
thanks

Hi,

http://bugs.debian.org/458879 describes how debian-edu-doc fails to build from
source but only in sid not in etch, and I'm bcc:ing you, the dblatex and
libxml2-utils maintainers, to kindly ask for your help/input/hint as I
have no idea why.

To reproduce: "fakeroot apt-get source -b debian-edu-doc" in sid :)

It hangs with the following output:
[...]
#
# Build ITIL book
#
dblatex -T simple -o ./documentation/norwegian/itil.pdf ./documentation/norwegian/itil.xml
Build the listings...
XSLT stylesheets DocBook -  LaTeX 2e (0.2.8-5)
Invalid table entry row=1/column=1 (@colstart)

ps shows the following commands are run, but they consume 0 cpu ressources, so
I think they might wait for some input on stdin?! Strangely on Lucas build,
which caused the bugreport, the build failed after 3 seconds...

18154 pts/4    S+     0:00           \_ /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/dblatex -T simple -o ./documentation/norwegian/itil.pdf /home/holgi/Projects/debian-edu/debian-edu/src/debian-edu-doc/documentation/norwegian/itil.xml
18157 pts/4    S+     0:00               \_ /usr/bin/xmllint --noout --valid ./documentation/norwegian/itil.xml

Do you have an idea what change from etch to sid might have caused this?

regards,
	Holger