[xml/sgml-pkgs] libxml2 broken in sid for months already

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Thu Aug 20 12:48:17 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-20 13:54:49 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello libxml2 maintainers,
>
> I'm somewhat annoyed at the fact that libxml2 has been broken for months
> with the bug 766884. It does not look like upstream will fix it soon.
> In the mean time we have unbuildable packages in sid (I'm affected with
> publican) so I would like you to consider uploading a
> 2.9.2+really2.9.1+dfsg1 to revert to the older upstream version until this
> bug can be fixed upstream.

I completely agree that libxml2 should be reverted to 2.9.1 (I have
never used 2.9.2 due to this bug).

And IMHO, the new package should probably break libxml-libxml-perl
2.0116+dfsg-4 due to an annoying and useless test of the versions
in the Perl module (bug 783610). So, libxml-libxml-perl should be
rebuilt against libxml2 2.9.1, which would make bug 783610 no longer
appear in most cases.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>