[Debichem-devel] debichem status

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 30 06:56:23 CET 2006

Hi guys!
  As I was telling Michael earlier today on IRC, I have a hard time
keeping track of things if they are just on IRC. So I was wondering what
the status is of all the debichem packages.

I can say for GaussSum that I'm behind on one new upstream release
(minor bug fix) but GaussSum has recently released a 2.0 version that
apparently has quite a few changes. I'm not positive if the 1.x branch
is being dropped now or not. I'll have to talk with the author.

I've also been working on gchemutils with Jean Bréfort a little and so
am pretty excited to see both gchemutils and bodr (chemical data
repository) up to speed. Also, Barry DeFresse at one point made a bkchem
package for Edgy with python-central support. Although he says it was
far from perfect it might help out. He said he put it up at
http://www2.bddebian.com:8000/packages/ubuntu/bkchem/

So, how are the rest of the packages? Anything in particular we need to
package up?

Thanks guys,

-Jordan Mantha