[Debichem-devel] RFS: gausssum (updated package)

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 17:26:14 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, den 05.08.2007, 23:19 -0700 schrieb Jordan Mantha:
> LI,
>   I appreciate the work you're doing getting these new upstream
> versions ready, but please, let's let Michael sponsor our work in
> debichem, and while I'm still Maintainer of gausssum please ask first
> before doing something like this. Also, adding yourself as Uploader:
> without asking me explicitly is not very nice.

It was me, adding LI to Uploaders. I did this, because he was doing the
main work and nobody complained. Now you complain more than 5(!) months
after this change, which is a little bit unfair, don't you think so? I
mean, you left the package alone for more than a half year (your last
change was done a year ago, or so) and you put gausssum into this
*team-maintained* repository. So what?

> For now I don't see much of an alternative but to remove you as
> co-maintainer until we can figure out how to work as a team.

Please think about adding comments to a package specific or our general
TODO files to let us know, what we are allowed to do and which things
you don't want us to do. These files contain this information, so we
don't need to chat to each other for everything we want to do. And so
we/you can also leave hints about packaging stuff, non-maintainers of
this package don't know.

> My
> eventual goal is to turn maintainership of gausssum completely over to
> debichem, but I feel like I need to make sure it's going to be
> maintained properly.

Did you observe any issues in the past 5 months that let you feel, that
it wasn't maintained properly?

> We just need to communicate better, and for my
> part, I realize I haven't been the best at that and will try to do
> better in the future.

Thanks.

Regards, Daniel