[Debichem-devel] Openbabel 2.1 ready?

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Aug 14 16:22:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:14:39PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> What the current status of openbabel 2.1 in our repository? I think, it
> was updated for the latest 2.1.1 release. Which things are on our TODO
> list to update the Debian package?

Well, the remaining issue as far as I'm concerned is reverting the
creation of the inchi packages.  We discussed this a bit already - I
really think they don't belong in the openbabel source package as
openbabel upstream is not going to maintain them, and we should have a
seperate source package for it.  Plus 2.1.1 is definetely wrong as
version number for them.  I asked on this list (MsgId:
<20070721122911.GA12127 at nighthawk.chemicalconnection.dyndns.org> )
about users of inchi besides openbabel, and nobody replied so far.

I did not revert this myself so far because I didn't want to override
the changes made earlier, but OTOH maybe we should discuss package
additions/removals on the list in the future before we implement them in
the repository.

If nobody objects to this, I'll remove the inchi packages again in the
next days and upload openbabel (I think Ubuntu now went forward on their
own on this, because their time is running out).

Michael