[Debichem-devel] molden and tinker debian packaging

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue Feb 27 12:32:01 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, den 27.02.2007, 14:39 +0800 schrieb LI Daobing:
> Hello,
>
> I have upload the molden and tinker debian packaging (the copy I
> maintained) to launchpad(a site for ubuntu)[1][2]. you need bzr to
> access them.
>
> I have known that these two is non-free and maybe some other have ever
> packaged yet.

I packaged molden some time ago. Maybe you want to compare? It is some
time ago and issues I mention here, might (and are) still be present in
my packaging files too:
http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/dists/unstable/non-free/source/science/molden_4.3-2.diff.gz

I can only speak about the issues in molden (tinker seemed too
problematical to be included in Debian the last time I checked):

- because of the license you (IMO) MUST ask, if the user accepts the
license - a sample could be the flashplugin-nonfree package for how to
realize this (I also have something in my package - don't remember, if
this is already perfect)
- the whole license must be put into debian/copyright (especially
because you don't know, if the users installing his package belongs to a
non-profit organisation)
- then there was a typo in the past (not sure if in the license) that
stated, that it is free for profit-organisations, but not for non-free
organisations - this must be clear before you ever even can dream about
including molden officially to any distribution
- debian/rules again overwrites targets already defined by dpatch.make -
please stop this; it further contains a lof of unused stuff
- the install stuff should be moved into a dh_install file, so dirs can
be removed
- all the unused dehelper script should be removed (ditto for the
configure stuff, that is not used - or the CFLAGS if you don't overhand
them to the Makefile in debian/rules)
- manpage(s) (nned an format update to fir the latest docbook-xsl) and
examples can be found in my package
- the documentation should be registered via doc-base
- there is also a TODO and a README.Debian, that contan some important
information

If you put your work in our SVN, I can help to solve the outstanding
issues.

> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~lidaobing/+branch/+junk/molden-debian
> [2] https://code.launchpad.net/~lidaobing/+branch/+junk/tinker-debian

Regards, Daniel