[Debichem-devel] some questions

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 15:08:21 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2007, 12:30 +0100 schrieb Michael Banck:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:34:57AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2007, 13:35 +0800 schrieb LI Daobing:
> >
> > > 3. any progress on set this maillist as the maintainer?
> >
> > As I already mentioned, there is a problem if setting the mailing list
> > as maintainer: Then you must open the mailing list for everyone without
> > subscription and spammers will directly begin to spam the mailing list
> > and pollute it's archives. Current example: pkg-emboss-devel. So I would
> > prefer to have the list set as co-maintainer. Thus people will also see,
> > who is responsible for a package.
>
> I'm not sure whether setting the list as co-maintainer would make a
> difference; people would still be unhappy if they found out they were
> moderated.
>
> Maybe we could setup the list to not send notifications for people in
> the moderation queue, and just try to be quick?
>
> I'll ask around whether having a subscriber-only list as Uploader is
> acceptable.

There were already some discussions in the past (IMO in debian-devel and
debian-mentors) about this list usage (IIRC there were also some
discussions, how to workaround or prevent the problems of open and
closed maintainer list addresses - maybe someone already found some nice
solution?). We used an moderated list for e.g. pkg-xmule. It works, as
long as one of the list moderators is available to react on held mails.

Regards, Daniel