[Debichem-devel] libegad is ready?
daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 19:08:07 UTC 2007
Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2007, 23:44 +0800 schrieb LI Daobing:
> it sounds that libegad is ready. who can help me check it, thanks
Just a few notes:
- The library package: What about using the same way we used for mpqc's
libsc or libint to create libegad at SO_NAME@ via debian/rules and create
debian/control from a template debian/control.in.
- In the patch 01_makefile_library.dpatch you change from building the
static library to creating the libtool archive - most library packages
dropped the libtool archives, because this often lead to issues - what
are your intentions to provide the libtool archive and drop the static
library (the patch does not contain a description)?
- What about a -dbg package using dh_strip?
- The debian/rules file contains many commented debhelper script calls -
these should be removed.
- debian/rules defines CFLAGS, but doesn't provide it during 'make' run.
So this is pretty useless. You can call
make CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" LDFLAGS="$(LDFLAGS)"
but note, that this overrides every CFLAGS/LDFLAGS definition in the
Makefile! You can only try to set
CFLAGS += $(CFLAGS set in Makefile)
in the makefile.
- libegad-doc.doc-base IMO contains an invalid section: The section
should follow the Debian menu policy (see the doc-base documentation and
I suggest "Apps/Science" if that fits the documentation content.
- libEgad.pc: It's nice that you provide a pkg-config file, but it
normally only makes sense, when upstream provides it - because a
pkg-config file only available on Debian is pretty useless for
- debian/copyright is wrong: The package is licensed under LGPL, not
Attached is a small patch for debian/copyright and debian/control. Just
take a look at it. The patch doesn't solve everything mentioned above.
BTW: If lintian complains about the chosen libarary package name
(because the package is called libegad and the libraray libEgad), then
we are allowed to use a lintian override.
More information about the Debichem-devel