[Debichem-devel] molden and tinker debian packaging

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Wed Mar 21 00:29:34 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 21.03.2007, 00:38 +0800 schrieb LI Daobing:
> On 3/20/07, Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 27.02.2007, 14:39 +0800 schrieb LI Daobing:
> >
> > > I have upload the molden and tinker debian packaging
> > [..]
> > > I have known that these two is non-free
> > [..]
> >
> > In a recent mail from Gijs Schaftenaar, the upstream author of MOLDEN, I
> > got a confirmation, that distribution of binaries and source code is
> > reserved for the CMBI. So we cannot legally put it into Debian atm. We
> > should instead write a simple howto for how to use svn-buildpackage to
> > build a MOLDEN package. Users can then build the package at their own.
> >
> so what we can do is release a package named molden-package's just
> like java-package?

Such a package needs scripting the package build and it's own Debian
packaging files, but can be added to Debian/contrib legally. You are
free to write it :) I currently only care about the MOLDEN packaging
files (which are fare away from being complete, see TODO).

BTW: Please do not send me CCs. But if you do, please put the list in TO
and my address into CC, not the other way around. But in general: I read
the list and do not need CCs. Thanks.

Regards, Daniel