[Debichem-devel] non-chemical dependencies of chemical applications

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 27 16:41:56 UTC 2007

On 9/26/07, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ghemical-2.95 got released and its OpenGL code got factored out into its
> own library, liboglappth.  This begs the question whether liboglappth is
> really suitable for debichem to package, or rather, whether we should
> maintain those kinds of non-chemical dependencies (I think mpqc is using
> libint now, which would be a similar case as far as I can tell) in
> debichem, or proceed otherwise.
>
> Possibilities include one of us maintaining them externally, just
> maintaining them along the other chemical applications, or maintaining
> them, but in a different part of our svn repo.
>
> Comments?

I would say that as long as we're the only people using the deps then
it makes sense for us to maintain them. If other packages start coming
up that require them then it might be better to spin the off. I worry
that the number of packages will get too large to manage if we have to
do it too much though.

-Jordan