[Debichem-devel] ARPACK is back in main

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Dec 6 15:32:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 04:12:03PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> ARPACK is back in main, after the authors changed the license to a
> common BSD license. So apbs can be built with arpack again.
>
> If it gets unfrozen by the release managers, we could ask for an update
> of apbs for Lenny. Do you agree?

I'm not sure it is worth it - AFAICT, ARPACK is only being used for some
eigenvalue analysis done by some additional tool from
$(srcdir)tools/arpack we don't ship anyway (Actually, we should probably
look into those tools and how to package them).

Is anybody actively using APBS, apart from trivial usage as a pymol
plugin?

Michael