[Debichem-devel] drawxtl_5.3-2_i386.changes REJECTED

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert at wgdd.de
Sun Feb 3 23:49:15 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, den 03.02.2008, 22:51 +0000 schrieb Joerg Jaspert:

> rejected, missing source for docs/*.pdf.

Maybe I missed it: PDFs require a "source"? Can I read more about this
requirement (both the reject faq and the policy do not contain a hint
about this)?

[..]
> And then the Flu_* source files do have a note about a license, which
> cant see in the package or your copyright file.

These files are mentioned in debian/copyright:

> ** FLU (FLTK Utility Widgets)
> source/DRAWxtl*/{flu,Flu,FLU}_*
>
> Upstream authors:
>
> Jason Bryan <jbryan at osc.edu>
> Ohio Supercomputer Center, Ohio State University
>
> Copyright:
>
> Copyright (C) 2002 Jason Bryan, Ohio Supercomputer Center, Ohio State
> University
> Copyright (C) 2002 Ohio Supercomputer Center, Ohio State University
>
> License:
>
> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
> License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
> version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
> This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
> but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
> Lesser General Public License for more details.
>
> You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
> License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
> Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301
> USA
>
> On Debian systems, a copy of the GNU Library General Public License
> LGPL is
> available in the file /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL.

The license these files refer to is the LGPL as mentioned in
debian/copyright. However I made a mistake - the quoted text is the LGPL
2.1 and not 2. See http://www.fltk.org/COPYING.php. I tried to make it
more clear now, quoting the notes found at the above site, but I will
talk to debian-legal first, before I make ta new upload.

Regards, Daniel