[Debichem-devel] Build-dependency for rasmol: cbflib

Teemu Ikonen tpikonen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:01:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea at rki.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Michael Banck wrote:
>  I wonder what would happen if some of the DebiChem people would change
>  the packaging to use quilt or dpatch.  Teemu, would you accept this
>  atempt? :-)

Modifying the build script so that it creates a source package with a
debian dir -only + quilt patch stack from the git repo is probably a
work of about half an hour or even less. Some of my unreleased
packages even use this technique. But storing such a thing in version
control makes no sense to me.

>  > but not being to work together in the package
>  > repository would be a downside.

The repository is in alioth, and writable by any DD or member of the
collab-maint team, i.e. anyone who has some level of involvement with
Debian and bothers to ask for an account.

>  So my suggestion would be:
>
>    Maintainer: Debichem Team <debichem-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
>    Uploaders: Teemu Ikonen <tpikonen at gmail.com>
>     [others, myself included if nobody else would take over sponsoring]
>
>  upload this way and see how it works for the future.  If this is OK
>  and nobody else raised his hand to take over sponsoring until Monday
>  I will start with uploading cbflib.  Once this is included in unstable
>  I will continue with rasmol.

This is fine with me.

Best,

Teemu