[Debichem-devel] Meshlab and Qutemol

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Nov 8 22:56:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 10:30:56PM +0200, Paolo Cignoni wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the diff, but that patch is a little outdated.
> similar changes have been already done for allowing the compilation
> under MacOS.

I tried to build Qutemol (latest CVS) again on GNU/Linux today, and had
to find out that some parts of Teemu's patch are still needed.

Some files still do not get built by the Makefile and the linker line is
missing libgif/libungif.

Apart from some porting in main.cpp which was in Teemu's patch already,
the other changes are either due to missing case-sensitivity in Windows
or are probably due to a more strict g++ I'm using (g++-4.3), you might
be able to reproduce them if you upgrade as well.

I am not totally sure about the change in ShadowMap.cpp.

> Obviously you need a good graphic card with updated drivers to
> succesfully run QuteMol.

Yeah, unfortunately I am not able to test it, either.

I've attached my current patch; I think some more patching will be
needed so Qutemol finds the icons and presets in the standard Unix file
system location (under /usr/share/qutemol/).

cheers,

Michael