[Debichem-devel] avogadro-data package (and python-avogadro)

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Wed Nov 11 12:45:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

/usr/share/libavogadro/shaders is currently shipped in the libavogadroX
package.  However, it is an unversioned directory which would make
trouble for the next soversion bump.

Thus, I introduced a new package called avogadro-data, which is supposed
to ship the shaders from libavogadro, as well as the fragments/templates
from avogadro.  I think it makes sense to keep shipping the locale files
and artwork in the avogadro package, and just Recommend avogadro-data,
as it is not strictly needed for basic operation.

If we agree on this, debian/rules needs to be adjusted as it currently
has this couples python-avogadro with no longer shipped files in
libavogadro:

binary-install/python-avogadro:: binary-install/libavogadro1
        dh_movefiles -ppython-avogadro --sourcedir=debian/libavogadro1
        find debian/libavogadro1/usr/share/libavogadro/ -type d -empty -delete
        dh_pycentral -ppython-avogadro

Daniel, can you update this and/or provide your input what should be
best done?  Other comments?

cheers,

Michael