[Debichem-devel] Metapackages for DebiChem?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Jul 9 10:37:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

as some people here on this list might know I have prepared tasks files
for DebiChem[1] which are rendered into so called tasks pages[2] and
bugs pages[3] which you hopefully like for your comfort in maintaining
chemestry related packages in Debian.

Because I'm not e chemist I have done the categorisation with the help
of Michael Banck, but I know more work has to be done to include all
relevant packages.  For example massxpert is missing from this list and
probably more.  Moreover I have no idea how you will like the way
of categorisation and the according descriptions.

I wonder whether you might like to give me some input on this (patches
to the tasks files or even unformatted comments are fine) and whether it
might make sense to also generate some metapackages which can be used to
simplify the installation of chemical software easily on a Debian
machine.

I would consider it as a good idea to do so because this might enable
pointing to the DebiChem project in the release notes for Squeeze which
will probably increase the popularity of the DebiChem project amongst
Debian users and makes Debian more attractive in your workfield.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/blends/projects/debichem/trunk/debichem/
[2] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/debichem/tasks
[3] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/debichem/bugs

--
http://fam-tille.de