[Debichem-devel] Metapackages for DebiChem?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jul 14 07:32:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:15:17PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Seconds, I guess you are our mass spectroscopy expert, so it should be
> your decision, maybe keeping in mind what Andreas believes is useful.

Please do not over estimate my rule.  You are the chemical experts.  I
can only provide some experience from other fields.  If you strictly
keep in mind the questions "what are the packages me and my colleagues
in the field I'm working on would need" you basically get a reasonable
answer to what packages should be in a task.

Moreover you might like to define some more general tasks like viewing
data or publishing which might contain some LaTeX styles which are
heavily used in Chemistry or some reference manager whatever.  This is
rather a matter of what you would consider practical in your
environment.  For instance if you know an image processing program
which is prefered by chemists because of some certain features - why
not suggesting this as well.  The goal is to prepare any chemists
computer as quickly as possible and let him find the software he needs
easily without digging the large Debian package pool.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de