[Debichem-devel] cclib

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Mon Apr 11 22:10:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:34:59PM +0200, Karol M. Langner wrote:
>  This is done in r2675. I haven't done all the tests I've seen in the
> guide, but I am able to build tha packages and they seem to install
> successfully. What is the next step?

I had a look.  Here are some remarks:

* debian/copyright
** http://cclib.sfnet should be http://cclib.sf.net I guess
** Copyright seems to be "cclib (http://cclib.sf.net) is (c) 2006, the
   cclib development team" for most files, rather than "Firstname
   Lastname" ;)
** You don't (and should not) need to cite the full LGPL, just the
   boilerplate and a link to /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-2.1
** As an aside, you might want to contact the upstream authors to
   relicense to "LGPL v2.1 or later", or else they might run into
   license incompatibilites further down the road (at least Noel should
   be aware of that, as OpenBabel keeps suffering from that)

* patches/debian-changes-1.0.1-1
** This is the left-over of upstream changes you had when you created
   the source package.  It should be moved to its properly named patch
   (possibly with some added meta-data)

* debian/changelog
** Removed the "(Closes: #nnnn)  <nnnn is the bug number of your ITP>",
   unless you filed an ITP bug, in which case you should substitute in
   the bug number

* debian/control
** Add an Uploaders: field next to Maintainers with your name and email
   address (as spelt out in debian/changelog)
** Build-Depends probably have to include python-all-dev or something.
   In order to find out what you are missing (or whether the
   Build-Depends are complete), you can try to build the package with
   pbuilder.  Apparently Arch: all package will soon be autobuilt as
   well, so we would get a "fails to build from source bug" then anyway.
** cclib Depends: on cclib-data, but this package is no longer in the
   control file, rendering cclib uninstallable.
** The Depends fields should also contain ${misc:Depends} (possibly
   filled out by various debhelper scripts) and ${python:Depends}
   (filled out by the python debian build tools)

That is what I caught on first sight, I have to go to bed now :)

Best,

Michael