[Debichem-devel] adding BALLview to debichem

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Wed Feb 9 09:50:19 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 09:46:50AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 10:01:17PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Any help is appreciated. Here is a list of all packages we currently
> > maintain:
>
> To come back to the maintaining part:  I'd consider it a reasonable
> action to "pull" the uploaders of more chemical than biological
> applications from Debian Med to DebiChem if it turns out that there
> might be better synergies than in a team which is dominated by
> biologists.  Just contact them (in direct mail or via Debian Med list
> which is fine as well IMHO).

In the case of ballview, AIUI, the upstream maintainer is maintaining it
for debian-med.  This looks like a good situation to me so I am not sure
it needs to be changed.

In general, it certainly makes sense to include the biochemistry
applications in some debichem task and possible in the QA reports as
well if possible.  This might make it easire for somebody from debichem
to jump in.  Daniel, could this be easily done?

Michael