[Debichem-devel] Jmol again

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Jan 30 14:01:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 07:32:23PM +0100, Georges Khaznadar wrote:
> Michael Banck a écrit :
> > If you are still interested in collaboration, let me know.
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> I am still interested. No problem with the delay, I have many parallele
> projects, so collaborative works remain interesting even if asynchronous.

Awesome!

> To summarize my interest, there are two points:
>
> - how do I upload the debian/ directory of a package, let's say
>   chemical-structures, to the repository of debichem? As soon as I make
>   it once, I shall have all of the information in some .svn directory

Something like this:

1. svn mkdir svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debichem/unstable/chemical-structures

2. svn import debian/ svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debichem/unstable/chemical-structures/

Second possibilty I guess is to checkout the chemical-structures
directory you created above, and add the debian/ directory and its
content via svn add and commit.

Alternatively, I can just import the current unstable package if you
want (though I can't guarantee that I won't get it wrong the first time
either, I usually do...)

> - the title of the e-mail is about Jmol. As a teacher of physics and
>   chemistry, I appreciate Jmol and use it with students. I maintain the
>   package Wims, which features thousands of dynamic inline exercises,
>   some of them depending on Jmol for their interaction.

Wow, that looks pretty cool!

>   Now about Jmol: are there still important issues which preclude
>   creating a Debian package for it? If this software can exist in
>   Debian, the package Wims would gain completeness.

I updated the packaging over the weekend, I am currently on a pretty bad
dialup network, so I will upload it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
If I shall forget again, please remind me :)

There are some lintian errors/warnings about doc-base which I couldn't
figure out (maybe Daniel can) and I couldn't get the demo applet webpage
to work, but we can fix that up later on.

Michael