[Debichem-devel] ACESIII-3.0.7 Availability

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Wed Jul 18 14:25:37 UTC 2012

Hi Ajith,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 09:00:59AM -0400, Ajith perera wrote:
> ,Hi Michael: You can obtained the ACEIII-3.0.7 release from
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60183859/ACESIII_3.0.7_RELEASE.tar.gz.

Hrm, I get a compile error in framelib/c_line_parse.c:

c_line_parse.c: In function 'c_line_parse_':
c_line_parse.c:45:67: error: empty character constant

The other error is:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libgeopt.a', needed by
`xaces3'.  Stop.

Indeed, geopt/ ist empty, but lib/libgeopt.a is included in the tarball
(see below).  The usual building process includes running
clean/distclean and cleaning up any generated files manually afterwards,
so lib/libgeopt.a (and the other static libraries) gets removed before
building.  I guess I am stuck here without the geopt source, I might try
later with the source from 3.0.6.

Also, the tarball contains the SIAL binaries in bin and the static
libraries like ACESIII-3.0.7/a2util/libr/libr/liblibr.a.  Finally, I
think the CVS subdirectories should get filtered out before release as
well, but that is more cosmetic.

Michael