[Debichem-devel] override_dh_auto_test and nocheck (was: Re: [Debichem-commits] r3812 - in /unstable/fmcs/debian: changelog control rules watch)

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Jun 10 21:38:05 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 11:25:53PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 10.06.2012, 22:50 +0200 schrieb Michael Banck:
> > On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 08:29:26PM -0000, dleidert-guest at users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> > > * debian/rules: Removed the redundant nocheck switch.
> >
> > At least on stable, removing that switch results in the test suite being
> > run for me even when DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS contains "nocheck".
>
> Hm, indeed (#568897).

Yeah.  I do not agree with Joey's opinion here, but I see where he is
coming from.

> Do you have any suggestion, how to handle this? We have several
> packages running test-suites. Many do not contain ay test on
> "nocheck".

It is only a problem when overriding dh_auto_test; I added the explicit
check for a couple of packages.  In reality, I think it is more
important to do this for large, long-running (on reasonable hardware)
test suites which one might actually want to skip; I added it to fmcs
cause I remembered.

To summarize: I think we should add those eventually, but I don't
consider it a big problem which warrants an upload on its own or
otherwise drastic actions, but if people disagree, we can try to
mass-fix it before the freeze.

Michael