[Debichem-devel] Updating the RDKit version

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Mon Mar 5 20:23:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 08:39:04AM +0100, Greg Landrum wrote:
> I'm really, really happy to have RDKit packages available in Debian
> (and even happier that it looks like they will also show up in the
> next Ubuntu release).

:)

> Unfortunately, the RDKit version that's being used for the Debian
> packages -- 2011.06.1 --  is two releases out of date, the most recent
> open-source release was 2011.12.1.

What a coincidence - I uploaded 2011.12.1 yesterday and just saw your
post now.

I have to look into supporting the PgSQL stuff, though.

> Is there a straightforward way to update to the most recent version?
>
> Is there anything I, as owner/maintainer of the RDKit, can do to
> facilitate this process?

I ran into a couple of problems I posted about on rdkit-devel, nothing
major though.  New versions should in general not be very difficult to
integrate.

I'm subscribed to rdkit-devel and Daniel Leidert contributed a watch
file to check for new releases, so we should be a bit quicker in the
future to package new rdkit releases.

Cheers,

Michael