[Debichem-devel] jgromacs package seems useful

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert at wgdd.de
Thu May 17 14:39:14 UTC 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 17.05.2012, 15:50 +0200 schrieb Michael Banck:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 02:37:40PM +0200, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> > > I haven't tried it (not least because I can never remember how to run
> > > debian/watch and/or debian/get-orig-source.sh properly), but you're
> > > removing the jama directory while I don't see a +dfsg in the version.

JFTR: Call uscan. The scripts I write can be (and are) called via
debian/watch. See e.g. openbabel.

> > It is not because of license incompatibilities but more because of the
> > technical beauty. We also remove .jar files and other bits that we do
> > not want to give the impression of being used. Same here.
>
> Well, .jars contain binaries (or at least compiled bytecode), so I am
> fine with removing them (though personally I am also fine with just
> removing them in the clean target, before package build).

There isn't any .jars directory in the source tarball nor are there
binary files.

> The jama directory however contains source code.

Indeed. I left it there and added a copyright notice instead.

[..]
> I'm ok with it, but the somebody has to either ship me the modified
> tarball, or some instuctions how to generate it if I am not build and
> upload it.

I had uploaded the script, that was called by uscan automatically.
However, the build process has now been adjusted so we don't strip
anything. Just run:

uscan --dorce-download --destdir _to_whatever_you_want_

Regards, Daniel